You must have heard a cliche that ‘Never Judge a book by its cover’, Ajit Doval: The James Bond of India is one such person who doesn’t wear black suits or wear shades and is an average looking guy but if we tell you about what all he has done then you will forget James Bond. Ajit Doval is the current National Security Adviser to the Prime Minister of India.
Ajit Doval was born on 30th may in 1945 in United Province which after independence became Uttar Pradesh and then was further divided into Uttarakhand. He was from the army background as his father served in the Indian Army. Ajit Doval completed his school education from Ajmer Military School and then he did his masters in Economics from Agra University in 1967. In 1968 Doval joined the IPS(Indian Police Service) in Kerala division. If all this sounds normal to you then let me tell you that Ajit Doval was the youngest person to receive the Police medal, which he got only after 6 years of service, while the qualification for the medal is 17 years of service, that’s how brilliant he was. Kirti Chakra which is one of the gallantry awards only given to military personals was given to Ajit Doval for his exceptional service to the country. If we look at the achievements of Doval, there are countless and lets look at a few of them.
- Ajit Doval was one of the three persons who were involved in the release of passengers on the IC-814 flight which was hijacked in Kandahar in 1999.
- It is said that from a period of 1971 to 1999 Ajit Doval has terminated the Hijacking of at least 15 Indian Air crafts.
- In a press conference he said if Pakistan does another Mumbai then they will lose Baluchistan this time.
- During the operation black thunder which was to wipe out militants from Golden Temple, it is said that Ajit Doval was inside the Golden Temple to collect critical information.
- Ajit Doval played a critical role in the merger of Sikkim with India.
- On 30th May he was appointed as India’s Fifth National Security Adviser.
- Rumour has it that Ajit Doval Once planned the assassination of Dawood, but the operation was screwed by Police officers.
It is said when India appointed him as National Security adviser in 2014, at that very moment Pakistan had a high official meet, that’s how dangerous he is. Recently he was behind the surgical strikes in Pakistan. He is one man that knows Pakistan in and out as he spent around 7 years as a secret agent in Lahore. He has been the head of Intelligence Bureau from 2004 to 2005. There is very less information available on Ajit Doval as he was an spy and still what we know is astonishing and that really makes Ajit Doval: The James Bond of India.