Indian Railway is one of the world’s largest railway network and it provides you the amazing experience. Luxury Trains in India are a part of the Indian Railways and Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Cooperation. Here is a look at the Luxury Trains in India.
Deccan Odyssey: It was Designed to promote tourism in Maharashtra. It is a joint venture of Maharashtra Government and Ministry of Railways.It made its first journey on 4th February 2004.
- It has 40 Deluxe cabins and 2 presidential suits, 1 restaurant, Bar, Spa,Mini gym , Parlour, Library, DVD viewing experience.
- It offers 6 packages consisting of 8 days and 7 nights.
- Maharashtra Splendour: The route is from Mumbai to Goa and it covers Nashik, Ajanta Ellora Caves, Kolhapur, Sindhudurg.
- Indian Sojourn: It is a journey from Mumbai to Delhi.
- Indian Odyssey: In this you travel from New Delhi to Sawai Madhopur, Agra, Jaipur, Udaipur, Vadodara, Ellora Caves, then ends in Mumbai.
- Jewels of the Deccan: The journey starts from Mumbai and moves to Bijapur, Aihole, Pattadakal, Hampi, Hyderabad, Ellora Ajanta Caves and finally back to Mumbai.
- Hidden Treasures of Gujrat: It starts from Mumbai followed by Vadodara, Palitana, Gir, Little Rann of Kutch, Modhera, Nashik and back to Mumbai.
- Maharashtra A wild trail: The journey starts from starts at Mumbai CST and move towards Ellora Caves, Aurangabad, Pench (Ramtek), Tadoba, Ajanta Caves, Nashik and finally back to Mumbai.
The Deccan Odyssey will you cost you around 3.84 lacs per journey and per cabin($5810). For more details visit<www.deccan-odyssey-india.com/>.
Golden Chariot: It connects Karnataka, Goa, Kerala & Tamil Nadu as well as Pondicherry. The train is Golden and purple in its look. It is named Golden Chariot after the Stone chariot in the Vittahal Temple at Hampi. It was Started in the year 2008. Golden Chariot is operated by the Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation. It has 44 cabins in 11 coaches. It operates on following two journeys.
- Pride of the South: Golden Chariot in 7 nights and 8 days journey covers Bengaluru, Mysore, Nagarhole National Park, Hassan, Karnataka, Belur and Halebidu, Hospet and Hampi, Aihole, Pattadakal and Badami, Goa, and back to Bengaluru.
- Splendour of the South: This is also a 7 nights and 8 days journey which covers Bangalore, Chennai, Pondicherry, Tanjavur, Madurai, Thiruvananthapuram, Alleppey and Kochi and return to Bangalore.
Golden Chariot will cost you around 1.84 lacs per person for a single journey. For more details visit <www.goldenchariottrain.com>.
Royal Rajasthan on Wheels: It was started in 2009 and is run by the Indian Railways. It has 14 luxury coaches and has all the facilities of a 5 start hotel. The train takes through a journey of 7 nights and 8 days and covers New Delhi, and has stops at Jodhpur, Udaipur and Chittaurgarh, Ranthambore National Park and Jaipur, Khajuraho, Varanasi and Sarnath, Agra and back to Delhi.
It will cost you around 4.22 lacs per person for a single journey. For details visit <www.royalsrajasthanonwheels.com/>.
Maharaja Express: It was started in 2010 and is managed by IRCTC. It is the most expensive train in India and covers the Golden Triangle(Delhi,Jaipur and Agra).There are types of travel packages.
- Gems of India: It is a four day tour and it can be booked between Oct to Apr and will cost you around 2.58 lacs and will start from Safdarjung station Delhi and will cover Agra, Ranthambore(Jaipur) and back to Delhi.
- The Jewels of India: This is a 7 days trip and starts on 19th March. This will cost you around 3.91 lacs. It starts from Safdarjung Delhi and covers Agra, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur.
- Treasures of India: It is a four day tour and it can be booked between Oct to Apr and will cost you around 2.58 lacs and will start from Safdarjung station Delhi and will cover Agra, Ranthambore(Jaipur) and back to Delhi.
- The Indian Panorama: It is 8 days journey and can be booked between Oct to Apr and will cost you around 4 lacs. It starts from Safdarjung Delhi and covers Jaipur, Agra, Khajurao, Gwalior, Lucknow, Varanasi.
- The Indian Splendour: It is 8 days journey and can be booked between Oct to Apr and will cost you around 4 lacs. It starts from Safdarjung Delhi and covers Agra, Jaipur, Bikaner, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Balasinor, Mumbai.
- The Heritage of India: It is 8 days journey and can be booked between Oct to Apr and will cost you around 4.58 lacs. It starts from Mumbai and covers Ajanta, Udaipur, Jodhpur, Bikaner, Jaipur, Agra and Delhi.
For more Details visit <www.the-maharajas.com/>
Palace on Wheels: It was started on 26th January 1982 and was refurbished in 2009. It is manged by Indian railways and Rajasthan Tourism. It has a total of 23 coaches and each coach is named after a Rajput State. It has a journey of 7 nights and 8 days and starts from Delhi and covers Jaipur, Sawai Madhopur and Chittaurgarh, Udaipur, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Bharatpur and Agra, return to New Delhi. This trip will cost you from 2.7 to 3.6 lacs per person. For more details visit <www.palacesonwheels.com/>.