- 1983 World Cup: Indian team was led by Kapil Dev in the 3rd cricket world cup help in England. Nobody expected that India would do well but to everyone’s surprise Indian team defeated the west Indian team to win their first world cup in Lords.
- 1996 Titan Cup: India won the Titan Cup by defeating south Africa.
- 2001 India vs Australia test series: It was a historic series in a way because before this series Australia had won 16 consecutive test matches. Australia ran into vvs laxman and Harbhajan Singh and what happened next is history. India went on to win the series 2-1.
- Natwest Series 2002:
It was the era of Saurav Ganguly that was building a team that is going to be the greatest cricket team. In the final against England, India were chasing a record 326 runs, but two young players kaif and Yuvraj led India to a historic win.
- India against Pakistan 2004:
The much hyped series promised all the drama and emotions. It was a well fought series with India winning one-day series by 3-2 and test series by 2-1.
- T20 World Cup 2007:
It was the inaugural World cup in south Africa and it was the dawn of the greatest captain M.S. DHONI who led India to a world cup win after defeating Pakistan.
- 2008 India in Australia :
india again under the leadership of M.S. DHONI defeated Australia in 2008 in the best of 3 finals as 2-0 to win in Australia.
- 2011 World Cup :
It was the world in which Indian team was the favourite and the everyone played specially Yuvraj Singh who was the man of the series and under M.S. DHONI leadership India became the champions of the world.
- champions Trophy 2013:
Dhoni’s critics have always said he got a good team but the team that went to champions Trophy was a young team that had no Sachin, Sehwag, Yuvraj, Harbhajan, zaheer or gambhir but it had Kohli, Dhawan Dhoni, raina and India won the champions Trophy in style.
Pic credit: espncricinfo.