Worst Pandemics, 21st Century begins with one of the deadliest epidemic, Coronavirus – COVID-19. Every individual person is strongly suffering from COVID-19, the situation is like a war between a positive and negative power.
The war against such negative power is not only started in 2020, while it has been already challenged to the human being since the existence of human life.
Here is the list of top 5 deadliest worst pandemics in history which has questioned on life survival on earth.
1. Black Death – (Beginning of Quarantine Concept) – It is known as a most murderous plague ever recorded in the history of human between 1347 to 1351. The death troll record of 200 million across Europe, Africa, and Asia and it took about 200 years to recover Europe’s population because of 60% population ended in a very few months. Disease caused by the bacterium Yersinia pestis which was spread fleas living on black rats, this is really a deadliest Worst Pandemics.
- Death Toll: 200 million
- Cause: Bubonic Plague
- Period: 1347 to 1351
2. Plague of Justinian – Justinian plague ended up to 50% population of Europe. Total Death troll per day was 50, 000 which become Black Death and then third plague in 19th Century. The factor of plague was due to Yersinia pestis which was played a vital role in Black Death.
- Death Toll: 25 to 100 million
- Cause: Bubonic Plague
- Period: 541 to 750
3. Smallpox (A Europian Decease) – The worst pandemics in human history recorded in Europe, Asia and Arabia for a couple of centuries with deadliest death troll of approx. 300 to 500 million. It has come in the knowledge that the smallpox was originated from the people of Egyptian mummies who died 3000 years ago.
- Death Toll: 56 Million (Upto 500 Million years by years)
- Cause: Variola virus.
- Period: 1520 to 1600s & Continued
4. Spanish Flu (1918 flu pandemic) – The cause of Spanish flu was Influenza (Virus Strain – H1N1) which affected 500 million people i.e. one-third of the world’s population at a time. The said virus H1N1 caused two worst pandemics in human history – 1st was as Spanish flu in 1918 and 2nd was as Swine Flu in 2009 and it was originated from birds.
- Death Toll: 50 Million
- Cause: Influenza – H1N1
- Period: 1918 to 1920
5. HIV/AIDS (Sub-Saharan Africa) – The first Human immunodeficiency (HIV) & Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) virus was recorded in 1976 in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Africa from chimps to human. HIV/AIDs spread through blood, hypodermic needles, sexual transmission and from Mother to Child post-birth or breastfeeding and in the result, a week immune system caused the secondary infections named, pneumonia. it was at the peak death troll from 2005 to 2012.
Currently, there are approx. 35 million suffering from HIV/AIDS and most cases are from Sub-saharan Africa, where 5% population is suffering i.e. 21 million.
- Death Toll: 36 Million
- Cause: HIV/AIDS
- Period: 1981 to Present
Finally, the world is suffering from Coronavirus (COVID-19) in these days of 2020 but if we look into history, we had faced and fought against each worst pandemics to survive.
Today, we have to make a promise with own-self that we will never give up and always keep fighting for human existence and Also, will take care of our nature, environment and earth to make a better future with no worst pandemics.
Click on below link to see the details of Coronavirus – COVID-19.