The Big question is Are you Ruining your Night’s Sleep? People today mostly complain that they don’t feel like sleeping at night and the usual time they sleep is after 4 or 5 a.m. What is the reason for this culture that youth is engrossed with, Is it the Internet? Is it your Smartphone?, As the old adage goes your are mostly the culprit of your own doings. The problem is with you because its not the internet nor the smartphone, its you who is ruining your Night’s sleep. lets take a look at the reasons why it is happening.
- Its All in your Mind: People with sleep issues think too much and in the day time they keep their mind busy that how important it is that they take a good sleep today and this thought process puts them in so much stress and anxiety that the body is not able to reach the relax state of mind. The other belief is that they should at least get 6 hours of sleep and they keep looking at the time and get more stressed. Its not the time its the relaxed state of mind that can give rest to your body.
- What you should Do: Get out of sleep theories and throw your alarm clock or any clock that gives you the time. just Lie down and put your mind in a relaxed state and even after sleeping if you wake up, don’t look at the time, enjoy your cosy bed and just make your body relax and it will immediately put you too sleep again.
- You are Skipping Breakfast: Everybody knows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and yet most people avoid it. When you avoid breakfast your body is in survival state and your nervous system is more alert and stressed. When you reach office in this state and do tasks that involves your brain then your body produces stress hormones and even at night you wake up as blood sugar drops and it can give you sleepless nights.
- What you should Do: You should have your breakfast within 30-45 minutes after you are awake and make sure it contains carbohydrates, Protein and fats. If you are one of those people who cannot stomach a meal at the start of the day, then make sure you eat around 5-8 almonds and 1-2 dates that will keep your blood sugar in control and put you in relaxed state.
- Electronic Devices: We all know that in today’s digital age you cannot escape the Internet, but the sad part is that your smartphone and your PC emits blue light which produces a hormone known as Dopamine which makes you alert and suppresses the production of Melatonin which is a hormone that puts you in relaxed state. This makes you stressed out.
- What you should Do: Our body has a energy cycle of 60-90 minutes so make sure you take a break from these electronic devices every 60-90 minutes so that your mind can come back in relaxed state.
The crux of the matter is that your mind needs relaxation and when the mind is relaxed then only you would be able to sleep. Work hard but not at the cost of your mind and body, give them timely breaks and Enjoy this beautiful life.