Even though two third of the Earth is covered with water but we never seem to get enough of it. We go to water parks,beaches and waterfalls to see the beauty of flowing and still water. Here are the Highest waterfalls in India. India has some of the most beautiful waterfalls in the world.
- Thoseghar Waterfall: This is one of the most spectacular waterfalls in India and is about 500 Mt high. Thoseghar waterfall is in Satara district of Maharashtra. Take a look at the amazing waterfall.
2. Nohkalikai Waterfall: This waterfall is located in Cherrapunji which is among the places that receives highest rainfall in the country. The height of the waterfall is estimated to be around 340 mts. The name of the waterfall is in Khasi language which means ‘jump of Ka Likai’ who was a local woman of jumped of the cliff. Take a look at the amazing waterfall.
3. Bhimkund Waterfall: This waterfall is located in the Amravati district of Maharashtra. It is located in the hill station of Chikaldhara near Nagpur. Its height is estimated to be around 32o mts. Take a look at the amazing waterfall.
4. Nohsngithiang Waterfall: It is also known as the seven sisters waterfall and is located in the village of Mawsmai in Meghalay. Its height is estimated to be around 320 mts. Lets take a look at the amazing picture.
5. Dudhsagar Waterfall: This waterfall also known as sea of milk as the name suggests is located on the basin of Mandovi river in the state of Karnataka and Goa. Its distance is 60 Km from Panaji. Its height is estimated to be around 310 mts. Lets take a look at the amazing picture of the fall.
6. Kynrem Waterfall: This waterfall is also located in the wettest places in India which is Cherrapunji and is around 12 km from the place. Its height is around 300 mts. Take a look at the fall.
7. Meenmutty Waterfall: This waterfall is located in God’s own country in Wayanad district of Kerala. Its Height is around 300 mts. Take a look at the amazing view.
8. Thalaiyar Waterfall: It is also known as the rat tail falls and is located in Dindigul district of Tamil Nadu. Its height is around 290 mts. Lets take a look at the picture of the waterfall.
9. Jog Waterfall: Jog Waterfall is located in the Shimoga District of Karnataka. This is one of the most beautiful waterfall in India and its height is estimated to be around 250 mts. Lets take a look at its beauty.
10. Khandadhar Waterfall: This beautiful waterfall is located in the Sundergarh district of Odisha. Its height is around 240 mts. Lets take a look at its picture.